I am highly motivated for interdisciplinary research and I have conducted research stays and perfomed collaborations in multiple centres, both in Spain (6 labs) and abroad (5 centers in Europe, 2 in Africa, 1 in Asia, 1 sub-Antarctic research station ).
This has allowed me to establish a dynamic network of collaborators with whom I maintain active collaborations:
i) in the South African and Australian Universities (Stellenbosch, Johannesburg and Macquarie) we are currently focused on an international collaborative project on the biogeography of Antarctica and its response to climate change;
ii) in the Royal Botanic Garden of Madrid we study patterns of large-scale biodiversity and biogeographic methods;
iii) in the Canarian Botanical Garden Viera y Clavijo we study processes and mechanisms of island phylogeography and the loss of dispersal on islands hypothesis;
iv) in the Charles University and Institute of Botany (Czech Republic) we are focused on polyploids and population dynamics;
v) in the Freiburg and Lausanne Universities ( Switzerland) we worked with responses from the distribution of Biodiversity to climate change;
vi) in the Escuela Politécnica Superior de Huesca (Spain) and Natural History Museum- University of Oslo (Norway) we are focused on the study of the evolutionary patterns in sky-islands: afroalpine and Eastern Afromontane Biodiversity Hotspot.
Previously, I developed conservation tasks in other centers: Ösnabruck Univ. (Germany) and Reneco Wildlife (United Arab Emirates). I have already published works with most of these authors, thus achieving successful international scientific production.
Postdoctoral fellow. Stellenbosch University (South Africa, Department of Botany and Zoology), Johannesburg University (South Africa,) & Macquarie University (Australia). Hosted by: Johannes Le Roux, Bettine Van Vuuren and Cang Hui (Stellenbosch, South Africa).
Marion island´s Sub-Antarctic research base. Researching biogeographic patterns and processes in the sub-Antarctic and the effects of biological invasions mediated by climate change.
Postdoctoral fellow. Charles University (Department of Botany, Faculty of Science) and Institute of Botany of the Czech Academy of sciences. Zuzana Münzbergová´s lab (Prague, Czech Republic).
National Avian Research Centre (United Arab Emirates). Guest researcher as conservation manager. Researching interactions plant – birds, counting and monitoring free-ranging wild birds.
Jardín Botánico Viera y Clavijo, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria (Spain). Project manager for recovery plans with threatened species.
Lausanne University (Switzerland) & Freiburg University (Switzerland). Guest researcher at Nadir Álvarez´s Lab, Researching statistical phylogeography. Guest researcher at Loïc´s Pellissier researching ecological niche modelling. Guest researcher at Myriam Héuertz´s lab researching ABC simulations.
Institut Botanic de Barcelona-CSIC (Spain). Researching demographic population analysis with Marisa Alarcón: PhD co-supervisor and external partner in AFFLORA project.
Jardín Botánico Viera y Clavijo, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria (Spain). Guest researcher at Juli Caujapé´s lab; developing microsatellites and sampling of Macaronesian flora.
Osnabrück University, Berschweiler (Germany). Technical conservation of the critically endangered European mink (Mustela lutreola).
La Laguna University, Tenerife (Spain). One-year scholarship degree on the specialty of biodiversity and conservation of island biotas.
- Dr. Álvarez , Nadir – Natural History Museum of Geneve (Geneva, Switzerland)
- Dr. Brochmann, Christian – Natural History Museum University of Oslo (Oslo, Norway)
- Dr. Caujapé-Castells, Juli – Viera y Clavijo Canarian Botanical Garden (Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain)
- Dr. Dostálek , Thomáš – Charles University (Prague, Czech Republic)
- Dr. García-Verdugo, Carlos – Universidad de Granada (Granada, Spain)
- Dr. Heuertz, Myriam – French National Institute for Agricultural Research (Paris, France)
- Dr. Hui, Cang – Stellenbosch University (Stellenbosch, South Africa)
- Dr. Le Roux, Johannes – Macquarie University (Sydney, Australia)
- Dr. Münzbergová , Zuzana – Charles University (Prague, Czech Republic)
- Dr. Pellissier, Loïc – ETH Zurich/ WSL Birmensdorf (Zurich, Switzerland)
- Dr. Pokorny, Lisa – Kew Royal Botanic Gardens (London, United Kingdom)
- Dr. Sánchez-Meseguer, Andrea – French National Centre for Scientific Research (Paris, France)
- Dr. Sanmartín, Isabel – Royal Botanic Garden Madrid (Madrid, Spain)
- Dr. Thiv, Mike – State Museum of Natural History Stuttgart (Stuttgart, Germany)
- Dr. Van Vuuren, Bettine – University of Johannesburg (Johannesburg, South Africa)